How to Know if I Am Depressed...
Wondering if you are really depressed?
Here is a list of signs that you may be:
- Have you lost your spark? Does nothing truly excite you anymore?
- Do you feel empty inside? Estranged from yourself or the life you are living?
- Do you feel like you should be happy, but for some reason you are not?
- Do you feel like you have to apologize to others for being bad company?
- Does everything feel like a struggle, and do you dread facing your day?
… if one or more of these symptoms sound familiar to you, I have good news: Therapy for depression works! And you don't even have to take medication...
Better Therapy for Depression
I help you get to the root of your depression by helping you understand the underlying causes of your symptoms...
All You Need to Know about the
Treatment of Depression
- Why do people become depressed?
- People become depressed because they are stuck in some aspect of their life. Oftentimes the reasons you become depressed are not immediately obvious. Although you may be able to attribute your depression to a particular cause such as a break-up, a loss of job, or some other negative event, there is often a lot more to the story. Therapy helps you discover the often hidden reasons why life events have brought you down. You may have become increasingly lost to yourself or out of tune with your emotions, or your avenues for change may have become blocked by feelings of guilt, shame, or fear. Whatever is going on, therapy will help you really understand it so you can become unstuck again...
- How can therapy help me overcome my depression?
- Therapy for depression helps you get more in touch with your inner world and what is really stirring inside. This process of getting back in touch with yourself helps you feel more alive and more in control of your life. By putting words to how different life experiences have helped shape you, you will begin to see yourself within a wider picture. As the meanings and implications of different life events begin to shed light on your present situation, you will slowly but surely begin to feel unstuck again.
- What is different about the "Better Therapy" approach to depression?
- I am a depression therapist in Houston TX. When you choose me as your therapist, you choose to work with a person who sees depression, emptiness, and unhappiness as a natural human reaction to life events. Instead of focusing only on your symptoms, I help you focus more broadly on examining your life so you can truly discover the cause of your unhappiness. Instead of diagnosing you with a "mental illness", I treat you as a fellow human who struggles just like everyone else.
The Myth of Major Depression: Why Depression is Not an Illness
The construct of "Major Depressive Disorder" leads to a fundamental misunderstanding of what depression really is and frequently leads to wrong treatment...> Read full article